Denim High-Waisted Skirt



I finished this skirt (Simplicity 2413) up just last week in time for the close of Me-Made-May. It is yet another Project Runway pattern for me, I am definitely a fan of these patterns. I made view A with the lower band, also in denim, with no alterations.

This might be one of the easiest skirts I've ever made; no waistband, no facing, no interfacing (!). And the side zipper/pocket combination was described very clearly in the directions. I always love a skirt with pockets, bows, etc. . In fact, I've already worn it to work twice! This skirt will be getting a lot of wear. My only complaint? It is a bit roomy through the hips because of all the pleating at the waist. I know I could certainly stand to have a little less fabric around my hips.

Comments

Popular Posts